Walkera Runner 250 Racing Drone Full Replacement Shell Version 2 Michael
This is the second version of my Walkera Runner 250 full replacement
frame. I found that my first version of my frame was kind of heavy so my
goal with this one was to get it as light as I could while still being a
strong frame. This frame actually came out weighing less than an
original Runner weighing in at just 450g. I think it has a bit of a
punchier flying feeling to it than the original.
I used all M3-8MM screws for everything except the 4 screws holding the upper and lower frame parts together, I used 16mm screws there but I think 18mm screws would have been easier. I got all the screws, nuts, and washers at my local Home Depot.
Steps for instillation:
- Screw the camera to the main body using a screw on either side.
- Screw the landing gear and bottom frame together using the M3-8mm screws and nuts.
- Screw the 4 arms to the body using the M3-8mm screws, nuts, and washers.
- Screw the antenna holder bridge on the main body using M3-8mm screws and nuts.
- Assemble your power distribution board with the VTX, Flight controller, Receiver, and front and rear lights. Screw it to the top frame with the 2 screw holes on the side.
- Attach and screw in the ESC's and motors.
- Screw the bottom frame with the landing gear to the top frame using the M3-18mm screws and nuts.
- Plug in a battery and you are set to go!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 Generic.